Tuesday, August 30, 2016

Tuesday Blatherings

Spaceman reads my blog posts.  I keep telling him he can comment, but like most, he simply lurks. It's all cool; he "comments" to me over the phone or in chat (FB Messenger).  We will spend hours meandering across untold related and not-so-related subjects.  It's fascinating all these conversations we continue to have day in and day out.

I jested about the possibility, after full disclosure happens, of one day getting my hands on all our NSA-recorded phone conversations, so I can transcribe some.  There could very well be a book in there somewhere. lol

But... well, I'm pretty sure we will always be deep into something or another and therefore no need to pine for any one particular outcome of our time together (such as becoming an author).  We could get into many things!  One thing we have majorly in common is gardening... simple but not so simple gardening.  I'm more the simple type.  He's... well he's more the prepper type!  When he moves here, he's bringing some of his "stores" of canned food.  By that I mean stuff he grew organically and canned himself.  

My suburban back yard is not exactly up to the task of continually supplying that amount of produce to can and rotate into our diet.  Perhaps then, the CSA will remain in our lives.  That's another thing we haven't discussed yet.  Will we supplement with the CSA produce still?  I do want to make some improvements to the gardening situation here...

Sometimes I dream of having a little local CSA-like produce venture with him.  I'm not sure yet, though, how "into it" I really am.  I mean, ideally, I know I am 100% on board with grow-our-own-food efforts, but I don't know... well a lot of things... A) I want to get totally debt free  B) I want to live on farmable land!  C) we don't know what direction or form our joined aspirations will take.  But we feel a little farming, or big gardening, is definitely in the works.  A big operation has too many questions associated with it just yet, so we will only bite off what we can chew for now.  Our focus will be elsewhere at first.

The first few years will be us tidying up things here... getting my kids into full-blown adulthood and on their own and generally doing whatever is needed to be ready to step into our next phase of life together... doing the things we want to do with our lives, whatever that may end up being.  Then we will move and go full blown into that.  

It's exciting to have a partner with common aspirations.  We will make a good team together.  I'm a team player, he's someone I can put my good faith and trust in.  His ideas are good ones, ones I can get behind.  I don't need to lead, and after being a single mom for 17 years... I'm kinda ready to join forces, accept help, be open to a supportive relationship with someone else, to being a co-creator rather than the sole decision-maker of my family.  I can do this with him (which is hard for this independent, strong-minded girl) because I have the utmost respect for his ideas, methods, ethics, tactics, and wisdom (just a few items from his long list of admirable traits).

I am seriously the luckiest girl on this planet, maybe beyond.  I don't cite, word-for-word some of the truly humbling and wonderful words he says to me, because, for one, it's mostly verbal these days instead of written (which is why I want the NSA recordings! lol) and I'm not very good at word-for-word recall.  Instead, all you get is all my gushing, and not much of his perspective or input in this.

In a way, it doesn't matter because it's an impossible task... to relay the depth, the intricacies of our complimentariness.  New word.  ;)  I do wish, however, that everyone could experience this at some point in their lives.  And therefore, there *is* this desire to attempt to explain from time to time.  It always falls short.  *shrugs*

Enough blabbering, back to work for me!

3 comments:

  1. OMG I was listening to Big Calm this morning and this is so your song:

    "Over And Over"

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bsbhfScU2y4

    Waking to these sounds again
    I wonder how I'll sleep
    Passing out is taking off into the stubborn deep
    I'd like to meet a human who makes it all seem clear
    To work out all these cycles and why I'm standing here
    I'm falling
    Over and over and over and over again now
    Calling and over and over and over and over again now
    Running through my life right now
    I don't regret a thing
    The things I do just make me laugh and make me wanna drink
    I'd like to meet a mad man who makes it all seem sane
    To work out all these troubles and what there is to gain
    I'm falling
    Over and over and over and over again now
    Calling and over and over and over and over again now

    Projecting what I want is always hard to know
    But when it comes between my sights I'll let the damage show
    I'd like to meet a space man, who's got it going on
    Sailing through the stars at night 'til our world is gone
    I'm falling
    Over and over and over and over again now
    Calling and over and over and over and over again now
    Over and over and over and over again now
    Calling and over and over and over and over again now

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great song! It seems clear to me now that that insatiable desire to find that perfect-for-me guy all my life really did have purpose and a strong foundation for what I'm here to do this life. That song reminds me of tgat incurable ache for something everyone either said was admirably ideal or just plain too idealistic and next to impossible.

    But BAM! Here I am. Here he is. Here we are!!

    Thx for the song, love how it even mentions "space man". hehe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You hit the nail on the head!! xo

      Delete